Yesterday, the new episode of Jujutsu Kaisen season 2 aired. While fans still haven’t recovered from the impact of Kento Nanami’s death, they have to say goodbye to Nobara Kugisaki. This heartbreaking truth makes viewers find it difficult to accept.
Of course, Nobara’s passing is perhaps one of the most famous revelations of Jujutsu Kaisen. For those who read the manga, they already know this unhappy future, but witnessing it again in the anime is still hard to avoid being sad.
According to the latest developments in episode 19 of the anime, ignoring Kento Nanami’s warning that only level 1 spellcasters can face Mahito in battle, Nobara rushed to fight the villain. After an effective initial attack, Mahito’s clone fled at the same time as the original fled from Yuji Itadori.
Finally they all gathered in the train station hallway, when the clone rushed towards Yuji and died instantly, the original Mahito took advantage of Nobara’s distraction to approach her.
In that precarious situation, Nobara began to see her life flash before her eyes. She remembers her days in the countryside with her two friends Saori and Fumi. Nobara realized that in her life, she had many good people accompanying her. She apologizes to Fumi for not being able to keep her promise to see both of them again in the future and returns to the present.
She turns to Yuji and asks him to tell everyone that her life isn’t that bad. Mahito used his curse power to transform Nobara’s face and destroy one of her eyes while Yuji could do nothing but watch.
In the original manga, it is still unclear what happened to Nobara Kugisaki. Meaning there’s no certainty as to whether she died or somehow survived.
Some believe this is one of the series’ biggest mysteries, and there’s no doubt that creator Gege Akutami will use this trump card at some point in the future.
Now, the name Nobara Kugisaki has soon become a trend on social networks, just a few minutes after the new episode of Jujutsu Kaisen season 2 ended:
– I’m glad that Nobara’s final moments were done so well, at least in my opinion. Overall it was a good episode.
– It’s sad that Nobara’s friends may never see her again, the sight of her dying was heartbreaking.
– To me, Nobara’s techniques always seem to be the most interesting thing in Jujutsu Kaisen. I certainly don’t understand the author’s intentions with this development.
– Nobara doesn’t deserve this. Gege, you better bring her back if you don’t want the world to collapse on you.
– What if Nobara asked Megumi not to tell Yuji about her survival just to get revenge, since Yuji didn’t tell her about his resurrection before.
– Don’t let sadness stop you from realizing that Nobara has caused significant harm to Mahito, and that he even considers her his natural enemy.